Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Who Is I am That I am?

From the Minister's Heart  (My Pre-Easter Sermon, Sunday, April 10, 2011).

Moses was born a Hebrew child, his mother could not hide him any more from Pharaoh's Army; because Pharaoh had gave a decree that every son that is born should be cast into the river. She made a basket and put him in it, then put it by the river. Pharoah's daughter was bathing in the river as she saw the basket, she sent her maid to get it. (If  Jesus allowed Peter to walk on water, we know that a basket can float on water). She sent  her maid toget a Hebrew woman to care for Moses. Moses's sister went and got her mother, who was also Moses's mother to nurse him. (When God has a plan and purpose in our life, He put us at the right place, at the right time to do the right thing).

Moses grew up a Hebrew child, among the Egyptians. (Can't anybody plan anything like this but God. God had this situation under control).One day Moses was out among others, when He saw an Egyptian  task master beating an Hebrew servant. Moses killed the task master. He thought no one saw him but when he found out someone did, he fled to the wilderness, getting away from Pharoah.

In the land of Midian, Moses saw women trying to get water from a well and the men were pushing them back. Moses took control of the situation and the men ran. For this act of bravery Jethro, a Median Priest, and father of the women showed favor to Moses, by giving him  his oldes daughter, Zipporah. (How many of us want God to show us favor.  I want him to ask me again, "What do I want. All we have to do is what He ask us to, and He will show us favor).

Exodus 3:1-6

Tells us, "Moses led Jethro's heard to the edge of Sinai Mountain. On the mountain an angel appeared to him as fire in a burning bush. Moses went closer to the bush that was not being consumed God  told him not to come any closer. God said, "Take off your shoes this is Holy Ground. God said, "I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob". Moses was afraid and hid his face. ( Most of the time we don't fear God; because when we do something wrong we don't try to hide it anymore. We just do it in the open).


Exodus 3:7-14

Tells us, God began to tell Moses what He wanted him to do. He said,  "I have seen my people afflicted in Egypt, and heard their cry. I want you to go to Pharoah and tell him to let my people go so they may worhip me in the wilderness for 3 days." (The three days to me meant: 1 for the father, 1 for the son, and 1 for the Holy spirit). He also said, "You will also bring them to the land of milk and honey; the land of Canaan." Moses aked God, "who shall I tell the children of Israel sent me, God said, " Tell them I am sent you to them."


In Genesis - I am that I am is Jehovah Jireh- The Lord who will provide.

In Exodus - He is Jehovah Rapha - Our Lord who heals.

In Leviticus - He is Johovah Midaddesh - The Lord who santifies.

In Deuternony - He is the Lord our God  - He is a jealous God.

In Judges - He is Jehovah Shalon - He is the Lord our Peace.

In Psalm - He is Jehovah Rohi - The Lord is my Shepherd.

In Isaiah - He is Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

In Jeremiah - He is Jehovah Tsidkeau - He is the Lord our Righteousness.

In Ezekiel - He is Jehovah Shammah- The Lord is Present.

In Daniel - He is the Messiah - The Anointed One.

These are the names of I am that I am in the old testament.

They crucified I am that I am by hanging him on the cross. They nailed his hands and feet to the cross. They pierced him in the side. Making sure he could not get off the cross. They did this to our Lord and Saviour.
Blood and water came running down. This is why we are covered under the blood and we are walking in his grace. The great I am that I am never said a mumling word.

Who do you say I am that I am is:

Some may say, He is a doctor in a sick room; He is a  lawyer in a court room; water when we are thirsty; bread when we are hungry. Most of us say, "He is a mother to the motherless; a father to the fatherless.
I say, "He is my day and my tomorrow.

O the blood of Jesus, O the blood of Jesus; It will never; It will never lose it's power.


Think about who I am that I am is to you - until we meet again - soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment