Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Clean Heart

FROM THE MINISTER'S HEART

David, the son of Jessee, a shepherd boy who grew up to be a King, and a man after God's own heart.
After sinning with another man's wife, he also became a murderer and an executioner. He was drawn to her by the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eye, and the pride of life.

After being confronted by a prophet of God, this is what King David said, the strong points are:

Psalm 51: 1-2, 4-5, 9-12

Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.

Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.

Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.

Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.


This action did not have to necessary take place with King David; it could  have been any one of us.  The bible says, All have sinned and come short of the glory of God." The sin don't have to be adultery; it can be anything that separates us from the love of God, as sin does.

There are so many divorces and separations taking place in the world today, that it is unbelievable.
God said," He hates divorces," but there are certain stipulations in which one can get a divorce as, infidelity.
Many people rather house keep, shack or cohabitate, which is another sin, rather than marry, commit.

God said, " Let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband, I Corinthians 7:2.

A family that prays together will stay together; and there is power and strength in family unity. No one wants to be alone.  The bible says, It is not good for man to be alone. Leaving mother and father, he should cleave to his wife and be no more twine, but as one flesh.

Let us, as a family, continue to pray together so that we can stay and grow together in God's love.


Until we meet again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment