Monday, August 15, 2011

Choosing An Acceptable Community



Ruth 1:8-9

And Naomi said unto her two daughters in law, Go, return each to her mother's house: the Lord deal kindly with you, as ye have dealt with the dead, and with me.

The Lord grant you that ye may find rest, each of you in the house of her husband.  Then she kissed them; and thy lifted up their voice, and wept.


***After the death of Naomi's two sons, she told her two daughters in law to return to their mother's house. She spoke a blessing over them as she attempted to sent them home. Oprah kissed her mother in law; but Ruth held onto her.


Ruth 1:16,17

And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:

Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the Lord do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.

***Ruth was making a strong vow to Naomi saying, "Don't ask me to leave you again. Where you go, I will also go; and where you stay, I will stay; your people will be my people, and your God will be mine.
When you die and be buried, I will be buried there also. Death is the only thing that will seperate us.

This vow reminds me of a strong and dedicated marriage vowel. "Whatever spouses go through, for better or for worse, "I will be with you until death do us apart."


Jesus also said this in Hebrew 13:5b

I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.


Meeting the right people, in the right place- community; at the right time can be a blessing.



Until we meet again - soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment