Friday, October 21, 2011

Mercy and Grace Given

(Thought)


Lamentations 22-23

It is of the lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
They are new every morning: great is thy faithfullness.


***Jesus knew before He ascended back to heaven that we were going to be tempted in every way as He was. The difference is that He didn't yield to temptation as we do. He became that temptational sin for us even though He knew no sin, as the bible states.

The temptation to commit sin and do wrong things are going to be a challenge for us every day. We must yield ourselves to God.  Resist the devil as Jesus did, and he will flee from us.  We must let Satan know that we do not live our life by what he says, but by every word that God tells us.  "Get thee behind me Satan" is one way to put him back in our past life. He don't rule our new live because we have been born again, and bought with a price on Calvary hill. Those old, childist things that we use to do, we don't do them any more.  Greater is God that is within us than he-Satan, the father of sin-that is in the world.



***Paul went through many difficult situations in life and the answer God had for him, and us is:
"My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness". Paul replied by saying, "Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Therefore I take pleasure infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, than I am strong." (II Corinthians 12:9-10).


***Can we say, as Paul said, "When I am weak in my mortal body, that is when I am strong in the Lord"? When it seem as though a world of troubles are on our shoulders, and we are weak and worried, it is then that the Lord is strong and mighty.


Let's remember that God's Mercy and Grace is given through out the day, in our utmost time of need.


Until we meet again - soon.

2 comments: