Monday, June 18, 2012

Father Knows Best




My father, a strong and dedicated family man, knew it was his responsibility to take care of his family.  He spent as many hours working daily to earn enough money to meet our financial needs.

He thought it was best that the mother stay in the home and takes care of the needs of the children, and that man’s responsibility was to work outside the home..  This idea was passed down in his family from generation to generation.

I can truly say we never went lacking in food, clothing or shelter. There were some things we wanted but never needed. We always had money to take to school although we did not have to buy lunch.

My father passed when I was 16 years of age and my brother was 17. I remember him now as if it was a few years ago that he passed. No one will ever take the place of my father, Willie Rosser. Born a father, and died a caring and loving man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment