Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Make Me, Cast Me, Restore Me & Deliver Me


When King David was confronted by Nathan the prophet, after he had gone in to - committed adultery - with -Bath-sheba, Uriah's wife; he said to God,

Psalm 51:1,4,8,10,11,12,14

Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.

Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.

Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou has broken may rejoice.

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. 

Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.

King David, a man after God's own heart learned from his hidden sin, he thought, learned from it and praised God in the middle of it.

We can continue our prayer life by asking God to,

"Take our mind and tranform it. Take our heart and mold it, and take our will and conform it to Your's."

Until we meet again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Betty. Yes, isn't it true that sometimes we have to go through the storm in order to be transformed. But that's what makes us dependent on the Lord and be restored to His plan for our life!

    ReplyDelete